MDAEYC supports the Child Care Provider Support Act – HB 608. This bill, introduced by Delegate Jared Solomon (D18), would create a grant fund to provide financial resources to child care programs affected by the pandemic.
- Bill status page
- Full text of legislation
- One-page summary of bill from Del. Solomon’s office.
- MDAEYC testimony in support of HB 608.
- Rally in support of HB 608 on Thursday, 2/4
- Rally flyer and sign-up from Del. Solomon’s office.
- Video recording of the virtual rally, featuring legislators and child care providers speaking about the need for the funds which would be provided in the proposed bill.
- From our colleagues at Maryland Family Network, here is a site which provides a form email message you can send to your legislators asking them to support HB 608.