In order to fully deliver on the promise of high-quality early learning for all children, MDAEYC believes that our country must prioritize and implement a bold vision that is rooted in the early years by:
- Defining and fully funding access to high-quality early childhood education at scale, regardless of state or setting
- Ensuring that all families can choose among options that meet high-quality standards and afford the early learning setting that is right for them
- Ensuring that early childhood professionals are diverse, effective educators and leaders working within a compensation and recognition system that supports their excellence
MDAEYC will work to achieve the following three public policy goals:
- Support passage of the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future and the Kirwan Commission’s recommendations for early childhood education and education reform, helping every child succeed.
- Maintain or increase funding for the Child Care Subsidy Program to provide equitable access to high quality early care and education opportunities.
- Support passage of the Time to Care Act for Paid Family Leave to enable Marylanders to afford time off to care for a sick family member or a newborn or newly adopted child.