The Tide Newsletter
The October 2013 issue
of The Tide Newsletter
is now available online.
If you would like to start up a local chapter in your area please Contact us for
Not sure we have
your email address on file? Let us know!
AEYC offers members:
• Accreditation support
• Professional development opportunities
• A chance to connect with other professionals in your community
• A voice in early care and education policy issues
To empower those who care for and educate young children.
To promote high quality early childhood education standards and to improve
the status of the profession through education and compensation.
1. To address and support the best interests of the child, particularly
all of Maryland’s children and especially those in non-parental
care, through accessible high quality and developmentally appropriate
programs and practices.
2. Improve public and governmental understanding, appreciation, and
respect for the early childhood professionals who teach and care for
3. Improved competency, continuity, and enthusiasm of those professionals
caring for and providing services to children and their families, through
high quality and accessible education, skill development, and compensation,
including pay, benefits, and working conditions.